Fluxux Box





Fluxus Box. This piece was constructed up plywood, nails, black paint, clear plexiglass, a street sign, and misc. objects inside. Those include a burnt skateboard wheel wrapped in torn money, a dog in a bowl, a heart made of medical tape and a broken liquor bottle painted gold. 

Artist Statement. One of my favorite movies of all time is Lords of Dogtown. It's about how skateboarding started with a group of teens in a town called Dogtown in California. To represent this the best way I could, I decided to make the box a skateboard kicker, one that is actually skate-able. The clear plexiglass was to just show to viewer what's inside, without being able to touch it, a feeling that boys felt throughout the movie, almost being able to reach the goals. I knew right away the movie I wanted to do and I feel like I have made a good representation of what I was attempting to achieve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soap Carvings